THE ZILDJIAN LEGACY "THE SECRET PROCESS"
THE LEGACY OF ZILDJIAN CYMBALS FOR PERCUSSION.
ZILDJIAN FAMILY OF CYMBALS
With more than 300 years of history, Zildjian cymbals have accompanied the best drummers in major world concerts, and of course, drum students and fans.
Zildjian's "SECRET PROCESS" discovered by Avedis l in 1623. It has been one of the great discoveries for the world of percussion. With a bronze alloy of B20* - 80% Copper / 20% Tin and some traces of Silver . The perfect formula!
The legacy A and K cymbal families have a wide spectrum of tonal qualities, from bright to dark.
FAMILY A / FAMILY A (Bronze 20)
The family A cymbals are characterized by having the traditional Zildjian sound.
- Defines the standard of cymbal sound
- Bright and sweet
- Full body, fast and smooth
- Versatile for different musical genres
Series of dishes that are part of Family A.
Zildjian Series A
They are the most popular cymbals in the world, it is Zildjian's classic and original voice.
- Versatile cymbals for different musical genres
- Bright, natural, full-bodied and soft
- Wide range of tonal colors
- A Zildjian is the most extensive, varied and versatile series
- This series used by Taylor Hawkins
Series A Custom
The A Custom family is one of those preferred by drummers of genres such as: rock, pop, metal and fusion.
- Family A- developed in 1992
- All Custom Series cymbals have an eye-catching gloss finish
- Clear, bright and responsive sound
- Series used by Taylor Hawkins
Series A Avedis
Series named in honor of Avedis Zildjian lll, founder in the 16th century.
- Recreation of the "A Zildjian" cymbals from the 30's and 60's
- Thin, warm and open
- Includes weight in grams under the bell
- Vintage- style turning for smooth response
FAMILY K / FAMILY K (Bronze 20)
- Rich sound spectrum with dark harmonics
- Dark and warm
Series of dishes that are part of the K Family.
Zildjian K Series
Originally named after Kerope Zildjian
- Legendary sound, dry, dark and warm
- Expressive and versatile cymbals ideal for a wide variety of genres
- Nirvana drummer uses this Zildjian series
K Custom Series
Made with a mix of modern and traditional techniques.
- Modern, rich and complex dishes
- Wide spectrum of tonal colors
- Improved dry sounds with the "Special Dry" sub-series
- Finishes and patterns are unique
Its recreation is vintage like the old K Zildjian ones.
- Dark, rich sounds with good wash
- Each cymbal bell is individually molded
- Unique patina finish
- Written weight in grams written below the bell
K Series Constantinople
The K Constantinople series are the most complicated to manufacture, in previous years they were manufactured and used for orchestras/martial marching, but since many renowned drummers and sponsors requested them, they began to be modified with the best sound engineers and musicians to be able to adapt them all the public.
- They are the TOP cymbals of the Zildjian line
- Dark, warm sounds and good wash
- Adapted from the richness and full-bodied sound of orchestral cymbals
Ideal for creating innovative sounds that add character to any set, both drums and percussion.
- Exotic sound colors
- FX series available in family A and family K
- Cymbals of the K FX family is composed of: EFX, Oriental, Azuka, Zil-Bel, Spiral Stackers, FX Stacks and Trashformer
- Ideal for Latin Caribbean music: reggae, cumbia, electronic, etc.
SOME TYPES OF DISHES:
- They come in two saucers, one comes with holes and the lower one is made of steel.
- The saucer above is manufactured with "The Secret Process".
- Sounds are adjusted according to the pressure of the cymbolt mount on the cymbal
- FX Trashformer
- Ideal for those who play congas
- Its size and being soft are perfect to put next to the instrument
- Incredible sounds
- S family cymbals are categorized as semi-professional
- They are constructed from B12 Zildjian bronze alloy.
- They are explosive and versatile dishes
- Provide balanced frequency response for the expression of dynamic musical range
- Glossy finish on all cymbal families (crashes, rides, hitthat, splashes and effects)
- The i family launched in 2020, is the new name of the previously known as the ZBT Family
- The letter i of this series refers to the Turkish word Iham, which means Inspiration.
- Under the Zildjian philosophy, Iham is an inspiration to the student, inspiration for the world of percussion
- They have a B8 bronze alloy from Zildjian
- Fast and brilliant
- Project with clarity and strength
- Traditional finish
- New turning and improved hammering
FAMILY Z PLANET
- For students and beginners looking for an entry into percussion, the Z Planet family is ideal
- The perfect Z family for your first steps
- Brass own alloy
- With the new redesign they have a new turning and hammering
- Brilliant musical
LOW VOLUME 80 FAMILY
- Made from secret Zildjian alloy
- Real and authentic dish feel
- 80% quieter than traditional cymbals
- Innovative hole pattern
- Perfect for practice spaces, rehearsal rooms and low-volume concerts
GEN 16 FAMILY
Gen16 Acoustic Electric System
- A new experience in the world of electronic drums
- The digital cymbal processor allows you to create sounds and tones similar to acoustic cymbals, applying effects thanks to DSP
- Creates new textures not commonly found in traditional acoustic cymbals
- Created with the Zildjian "secret process"